Creating a business website: what to do and what not to do
When it comes to designing a business website, there are a few things to keep in mind. To begin with, your website should be simple to use and informative. With a few clicks, potential consumers should be able to discover all they need to know about your company. Furthermore, your website should be visually beautiful and SEO-friendly.
What to do:
- Make use of calls to action. A call to action is a message or button that urges website visitors to do something particular, such as sign up for your newsletter or make a purchase.
- Check that your website is mobile-friendly. Over 75% (~ 80% ) of internet traffic is now mobile, thus your website must be accessible and navigable on a smartphone or tablet.
- Make use of high-quality photos. People are visual beings, so make sure your website is packed with eye-catching photos that highlight your products or services.
- Include customer testimonials. If potential clients discover that others have had a favorable experience with your company, they are more inclined to convert.
- Make it simple for others to contact you. Include your contact information on each page of your website and make it easily accessible.
What not to do:
- Ignore social media. Social networking is a strong tool for marketing your website. Include connections to your social media profiles on your website and ensure that your material is shared across all platforms.
- Use of excessive amount of text. Nobody wants to read a block of text. Keep short and to-the-point website text.
- Avoid SEO. Search engine optimization is critical for getting potential buyers to visit your website. Do your homework and integrate important keywords across your website.
- Make it difficult to navigate. Your website should be simple to use, with a clear structure and simple design.
- Make use of generic photos. Stock pictures are an absolute no-no. Use high-quality photographs that are relevant to your company.
- Certain website design strategies are no longer applicable. Pop-ups and auto-play video/audio should be avoided. These approaches are not only obsolete, but they can also upset users and harm your website's rating.
By following these basic guidelines, you can develop a high-quality company website that will assist you in reaching your objectives.